What is QC&I?
QC&I stands for Quality, Certification and Inspection. We have been working in food safety and quality around the world for more than two decades.
We are an, EN 45011:1998 accredited (D-ZE-14042-01-00), privately owned independent inspection body for organic agricultural production and processing systems according to Regulation (EC) 834/2007. This regulation distinguishes between six types of operators:
1. Production of plants, plant products, livestock and livestock products produced by animal husbandry including beekeeping and beekeeping products.
2. Units for preparation of plant and livestock products and foodstuffs composed of plant and livestock products.
3. Imports of plants, plant products, livestock, livestock products and foodstuffs composed of plant products and/or livestock products from third countries.
4. Units involved in the production, preparation or import of organic products and which have contracted out to third parties in part or in total the actual operations concerned.
5. Units involved in feed production.
6. Commerce, retail and stock of organic produce
We inspect these organic operators world-wide. You may recognize our "AB-BIO-645" code on the odd certified organic package. (AB is to be replaced by ISO-Code of the exporting country.)
We are a committed team of people experienced in agricultural and food science, quality assurance and natural resources management.