Going organic? (Processor)
If you want to be a processor and packager of organic products, then follow me:
1. Initially you have to agree to subject yourself to our inspection system.
2. One of our inspectors will visit you. Together you will survey your processing line, your stores and all documents concerning them. Together you will agree on measures you will have to take in order to meet the requirements of regulation (EC) 834/2007. These may concern, for example, the purchasing of organic raw materials, the makeup of organic recipes and mixtures, the avoidance of co-mingling of organic and non-organic materials during processing and storage, the labelling of products, your organic management plan and any financial records and documentary evidence.
3. Subsequently we shall write an assessment about your organic production system. If you meet the minimum requirements, you are a certified organic processor and you will receive a "certificate of conformity" that will allow you to label your products "organic" and market them as such.
4. Subsequently you will see us at least once per year for annual update inspections or for an unannounced and random inspection.
These are the steps toward being certified organic
* Execute agreement subjecting you to inspections according to regulation (EC) 834/2007.
* Initial on-site inspection
* Written evaluation of organic handling system
* Issue of "certificate of conformity"
* Annual inspections